Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Chicken In Every Pot

I am at work and I do not like to share! I don't mind sharing cake or something related to Calories ! But I do not like to share my work!!!! There are a couple of new employees at my job that I love and unfortunately there is not enough work to go around! Don't get me wrong, I don't want so much work that I would be overwhelmed, but I am definitely territorial about what is mine. I feel like I am being violated as if someone has put their hand onto my plate without asking. I believe in survival of the fittest and I feel these people are not fit to do my work. I guess in an office the goal is to share work to meet a common goal, but I don't know how to share responsibilities and I am not sure If I want to do so. I feel like these new employees are like baby Parana snapping up every bit of work in the office. I refuse to do busy work!! You know the crap that no one wants to do or that they think is beneath their skill set. I am so overprotective because when I first started my job, I was forced to have to bring my "A Game" because my boss was on medical leave and I was only 3 weeks into the new job, It was my baby and I felt very useful. There were days when I was at my Witt's end but I still got the job done. I felt needed, I no longer feel needed. I could practically screw off the whole entire day and no one would noticed that I wasted the governments money by not doing crap. To some this would be the Ideal job for the uninspired but this is the case. We are in a new program called NSPS and I have been converted over from a GS position to a what they like to refer to as a "pay band". I am starting to feel a bit of jealousy and resentment towards the new staff because I seem to be a bit Idle these days. I am a competitive person by nature but not so consumed with the spirit of competition that I willing to sacrifice My quality time but enough to want to see others fail

No comments: