Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Campers

My Husband and I are campers! Yes I said Campers! We have a travel trailer and we love to go Camping!!! But!!! we are not your average camper by a long shot. I have noticed that Campers are professionals at camping and also camping is such a weird culture in it's own right. My Husband and I were at a a beautiful campsite for the Memorial Day weekend and it was great. When we camp, we go hiking, fishing, sightseeing and long car rides. My point is that we go and get full appreciation of our surroundings and take every opportunity to experience something new, learn something and relax in nature at the same time. And then there are "The Others".These are Campers who for whatever reason come to campsites to do nothing!!!! These "others" haul their entire family and goods for hours on the highway and then spend the next four days gelatating in front of their RV all day long, get Drunk and loud at night and do it all over the next day. There is also the the "Golf Carters" these people refuse to walk around the camp sight!! I have even witnessed people walk their dog from a moving golf cart! It just seems weird too me that campgrounds attract so many people that are Drunk, glutinous,lazy,fat,obnoxious and listless. Why would people travel for so many miles to be in the center of beauty but do nothing but sit in lawn chairs padded with large assess and eat super sized meals and drink the entire time! Don't get me wrong, my husband and I like a good Drink and a great meal, But it seems that these "others" do nothing. I could stay home and do what these campers do from miles around! Just weird. There were some cool things like some old geezer brought his karaoke machine and he sang country music for the whole campground, then there are the campers who are just loud and rude, the campers three trailers away were this way! This was the type of guy who was not only massive in size but in ego as well, this guy wasn't attractive at all but spoke loud, drank loud! woke up early only to be loud and seemed as if he needed the entire camp to know of his presence, this was the type of guy you would dread as a neighbor"I could see the used furniture on the lawn now"!!!!

No comments: