Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nervous Tic

We all have one! But I notice the people that I work with and its just weird,annoying and disgusting. There is one woman who is to not good looking at all and has the nerve to make these really comical over the top facial expressions while she is talking. Every time I look at her while she is speaking, its like looking at a cow trying to formulate words for the first time. Every time she has some input or addition to the conversation that the lunch crew is having, her face distorts and contorts into this weird half woman half cow monstrosity where she bares her teeth back and away from her face and somehow manages to bulge her huge dead brown cow eyes at the same time, its as if her face doesn't know what to do by brain waves alone, as if she must intentionally twist and mangle her face to make human sounds come out. Its like looking at a series of quick jerky evolutionary like facial movements and she must do this every time, that's why I assume it must be a nervous tic. I forgot to mention also that she raises and lowers her eyebrows in the same fashion as if her entire point has been made with eyebrow gestures alone, or maybe she has come to some profound knowledge or understanding that can only be conveyed through her eyebrows. Then there is this guy in my office who not only looks like Santa Claus but is schematically correct to his girth as well. This guys issue is that he eats too much, too often and its slop all the time, and he wonders why he is overweight. Anyway, his nervous tic revolves around his portions. Its seems like every time this guys for that 5th communal cookie, or his third burger or 6th soda he feels the need to make a nervous smack sound before he guiltily eats his 12th cookie because clearly he is not concerned with making sure THAT ANYONE ELSE GETS TO ENJOY THE GOODNESS!!!. And then there is "Laughing Guy" this guy is the most annoying!!! Its weird not to be able to have a normal conversation with a grown adult whom you work with , the man constantly interjects a giggle into the conversation and it is never an appropriate time to do it. For example, we could be talking about the weather and it would go something like this (Laughing Guy) "so I was caught in the rain without my umbrella and I got wet! haa hee hooowee giggle,giggle" "today I drank a cup of coffee and and boy was it hot!!! giggle.giggle,hee he haha" or "I am having spagetti for lunch!! HeHe Haha!! I do not understand this tic at all ! This guy is so weird I simply want to ask him what is so dang funny!!

No comments: